Touran EcoFuel 2008 2.0, Gas and Petrol Shift Question

För detaljerade tekniska utredningar och driftproblem.
ibraheempindi

Touran EcoFuel 2008 2.0, Gas and Petrol Shift Question

Post by ibraheempindi »

Hi, I'm from Goteborg and recently purchased a 2nd hand VW Touran ecofuel 2008 2.0. I'm a bit confused on when the car shift on petrol and when on gas. There's a small arrow in the dash board shows when it is on Petrol. When I bought the car like three months ago, it was almost all the time starting on Petrol and then after few moments shifting on gas (that petrol arrow goes off). But now since couple of weeks I noticed that it all the times starts and runs on Gas, although Petrol fuel is full but it never goes to Petrol (arrow sign never appears anymore). I googled and found this pdf http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_373_d1.pdf and in that page 36 it says that coolent temperature if it is above 15 then it goes to gas mode. But now a days I can see temperature in my dashboard below 15 but it still starts on gas. I'm finished my gas cylinder to see if then it shift to petrol or not......and yes it did. But the only problem is with the morning start, it always goes to gas now, and then it jerks quite in the begining and then it tries to go to petrol and still in petrol it misses and finally it goes back to gas....
went to local mechanic and he read all codes and stuff and said everything is normal with the car...not sure what's wrong....trying my luck here if anyone knows....

Thanks in advance
FauVee

Re: Touran EcoFuel 2008 2.0, Gas and Petrol Shift Question

Post by FauVee »

Is it really a problem?

I have a Passat Eco-fuel and I can´t see if it starts on petrol if the temperature is above 0°C, the natural gas lamp it lit all the time, but if the temperture is lower it starts and runs for a few seconds on petrol before the natural gas lamp is lit. The ccolant temperature can in no way be above 15°C in such short time.

I don´t see this as a problem.
ibraheempindi

Re: Touran EcoFuel 2008 2.0, Gas and Petrol Shift Question

Post by ibraheempindi »

FauVee wrote:Is it really a problem?

I have a Passat Eco-fuel and I can´t see if it starts on petrol if the temperature is above 0°C, the natural gas lamp it lit all the time, but if the temperture is lower it starts and runs for a few seconds on petrol before the natural gas lamp is lit. The ccolant temperature can in no way be above 15°C in such short time.

I don´t see this as a problem.

hmm, but as far as I have read and experienced as well for a couple of months, it should start on Petrol and then shifting on gas when it's cold, as i referred to that pdf from VW. Further the problem is that when it is cold the engine starts to miss, and jerk, and then after the missing and jerking then it tries to go back to Petrol and then warms up and shifts to gas. But rather instead of missing and jerking it should start on petrol warm up and shift to gas.
So your passat start normally on gas in cold and no missing or any other side effect from engine ?