Volvo BiFuel Problems with Tanks

BiFueler

Volvo BiFuel Problems with Tanks

Post by BiFueler »

Hi together,

my name ist Thomas and I´m representing the Volvo BiFuel drivers at our fordonsgasdriver - forum in germany (http://www.erdgasfahrer-forum.de).
Since a few months lots of us have several problems with the gas tanks. Some complain the smell of gas just before the tanks get emtpy, other smell gas all the time. It seems that the tanks will leak between the head of the tank and its valves. Our contact with Westport so far was very
disapointing. The say its a car built for the swedish market an not for the german one. We should solve the problem together with Volvo Germany. But they say: Its a car built for the swedish marktet so we cannot help you. Please contact Westport. Its becoming a "merry go round".

Why do I contact you now? Do you know whether there are the same or compareable problems with BiFuel Volvos in Sweden?
If yes, how was the Problem be solved? Did Westport or Volvo help? Has anybody heard of a call back by Volvo for BiFuel cars because of this problem?

It would be very kind of you to help us. Unfortunally I don´t speak swedish. All I can say is: Tack!

Kind regards
Thomas
casper

Re: Volvo BiFuel Problems with Tanks

Post by casper »

Hello and welcome to our forum.
What year are we talking about?
v70 bifuel
BiFueler

Re: Volvo BiFuel Problems with Tanks

Post by BiFueler »

Hi,
Most of us have Cars modelyear 2011 Up To 2013 with the composite tanks.